External General Counsel Services
Serving as a business' strategic legal partner.
At Sutton Law Group, we recognize that for many businesses, establishing an in-house legal department is not cost-effective or necessary. All businesses have legal needs, but most can effectively manage those needs by engaging a law firm as external general counsel.
Sutton Law Group’s attorneys increase a business’s legal capabilities. By learning a business from the inside out, we understand its people, goals and purpose so we can provide legal services tailored to fit them. This way we can serve as a business’s strategic partner, providing legal services that reduce cost and eliminate unnecessary challenges, delays, or liability.
Through the firm’s external general counsel practice, we serve as the point of contact for all of a business’s legal issues:
- Business formation and entity type selection.
- Partnership, operating, and shareholder agreement development and implementation.
- Management and board of directors counseling.
- Corporate governance, compliance and ethics.
- Contract preparation, review and negotiation.
- Non-disclosure agreement development, preparation, and review.
- Employment contract and policy manual development and implementation.
- Commercial litigation and arbitration.
- Corporate and transactional counseling.
- Insurance coverage and claims.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Dispute resolution.
- Products liability.
Whether providing advice to a business’s senior management team or serving as an on-call resource for other levels of management, Sutton Law Group provides a business with a lawyer keen on finding solutions, eliminating problems, and utilizing innovation. This creates economic efficiencies and opportunities for business growth.